Another DOH!!!!!! Moment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

604brewer

Reaction score
So I've been making extract recipes from my LHBS store with a plastic primary fermentation bucket, and recently built myself a keg setup, after fermenting for two weeks I would rack to my kegs and worth the life of me could never figure out why I always had so much leftover, so today I finally measured out my bucket and discovered the mark I was told to top up to was actually 6 gallons and not five. I think I'll scale down my water next time so I don't have so much leftover.

Oops. :drunk:

604brewer said:
So I've been making extract recipes from my LHBS store with a plastic primary fermentation bucket, and recently built myself a keg setup, after fermenting for two weeks I would rack to my kegs and worth the life of me could never figure out why I always had so much leftover, so today I finally measured out my bucket and discovered the mark I was told to top up to was actually 6 gallons and not five. I think I'll scale down my water next time so I don't have so much leftover.

Oops. :drunk:

Your gravity readings alone at OG should have clued you in that there was a problem as well:)

Back