Electrical fire taste in brew is actually peach !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
I was really nervous about a batch of my brew tasting vinegary at bottling, and then, when I tasted it now at 2 months old, I thought it tasted funny, almost like an electrical fire.

But!!! after leaving it to air in the glass for a few minutes, it develops this wonderful PEACH taste! It's not an electrical fire at all. And, phew this...this is my strongest brew to date. This stuff, it is going to be dangerous. And there's about 7 gallon jugs from this batch ...

It's a wine or a mead. I'm pretty sure this was the batch I took a bunch of assorted organic fruits from Wegmans and Feel-Rite, froze them, put them in a big stainless pot, poured boiling water over them, mashed them up with my hands, added in sucanat and some other sweeteners to around 3.2lb/gallon, and fermented for a week with a bedsheet over the pot, then racked into a carboy. For some reason the label on one of the bottles says 'mead with raisins' but I think that must be from a different batch, because this batch definitely has peach in it. :)

Latest posts

Back