Help me hop this up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazinskm

Reaction score
Hey guys- I got a fat tire clone 5g kit as a gift- very nice I don't like Fat Tire. Here is what it came with- I was wondering what people would suggest to hop it up. I am fairly new 2 brewing, but could I put in a couple oz of cascade or simcoe. What I have to work w/ in malts is 6lb light liquid malt extract, .75 lb munich light malt, .75 crystal/caramel Malt, .75 victory. Thanks for the help guys.

Perfect plan so far. May as well dry hop too if your up to it. You will love it all the more.

Cut the victory to 1/4 lb. and add 1/2 lb. of sugar. Add half of your extract at 15 minutes left in the boil.

Use the additional hops you get for a warm aroma steep after the boil and in the dryhop.

Thanks for the advice! Any thought on amount of hops for 5g brew, and specifics on when to add (60, 40, 20 min?). I am really leaning toward simcoe hops, what would do well to compliment? I love weyerbacher simcoe IPA, just tone it down a notch. Also, should I change up the yeast or use a specific one? It came w/ a safale US 05

Latest posts

Back