Can't find cascade rhizomes!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adagiogray

Reaction score
Heya. I've got my first year hops garden going... 2 nuggets taking off, one cascade that has broken ground and is small, 2 mt. hood that are doing ok, and a couple of willamettes that are still small.

One of my cascades didn't sprout, i dug it up and it had rotted. both freshops and northwestbrewers.com are sold out of cascade. Does anyone know of a grower that is selling cascades still for this year?

You'll be hard-pressed to find any cascade rhizomes this time of year. Sorry. You'll have better luck after harvest or next year.

Lucky you! Check the vendor showcase. Hopshack's website says they have cascade on clearance for $2.50. Good luck. I had Northern Brewer that was kept in the fridge a little too long last year due to snow and molded a little. They still came up. Just make sure you plant them on a mound to keep them from molding again:

Prost
http://www.hopsshack.com/store/clearance.html

Don't bother with the rhizomes. Check out Arrowhead or Great Lakes Hops. One of them should be selling crowns or already started rhizomes.

I clipped a few arms from my cascades and dipped them in rooting hormones and I am growing them. I can send you one if they take (I've had very mixed results so far, but my best plant which is over 15 feet high is a clipping), and if I can figure out when they could survive the trip.

Don't bother with the rhizomes. Check out Arrowhead or Great Lakes Hops. One of them should be selling crowns or already started rhizomes.

+1 on Great Lakes Hops. I bought several plants from them this year, replacing plants lost to a sprinkler problem and a digging puppy. All arrived as healthy live plants. All are doing well, even the one that my puppy dug up again for me and deposited back on the patio.

Back