2003 Sam Adams Utopias #3465...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_Duel

Reaction score
Is mine!

I think that's the number anyway, I don't have it in front of me right now.

I found it at a Wegmans in Princeton, NJ. Just on a whim, I walked into the wine & spirits section and found it in the glass case. $139.99.

Anyone ever have it before? Anyone ever have the pleasure of having both the 2001 and 2003?

I really want to try it soon, but I feel like I should dedicate an entire night so as to have a special occasion for it. As I understand it, the alcohol content is supposed to keep it from going bad. At least I hope that's true because there's no way I could drink the whole thing anytime soon.

I'll review how it tastes at a later date, but I wanted basically just to brag.

Ok, now call me crazy for getting it...

That's awesome. If I had the money...

You just have to keep telling yourself "it's not a beer, it's like a really, really good scotch." Not sure I could ever bring myself to drink it, though.

So if you buy it in a state with a bottle deposit, do you get $0.05 back if you return it? Or do they get around that by not carbonating it?

Never had it, but supposedly it is supposed to be drank like a sherry. Take it slow and enjoy it.

Mad props man, you've got some serious huevos to spend that much on beer. Can I come over?

I wonder what the carbonation level is--and if you can open/close the bottle frequently to drink from it occasionally?

The carbonation level is 0 from what I'm told. Same as the Tripple Bock (which I've also had but doesn't cost nearly as much).

And if you feel like taking a drive all the way out to NJ, I'm sure I could provide a sip.

BTW, if anyone has been interested in the Tripple Bock, I know a place that has 4 or 5 of them. I could certainly send some out.

The other part of the story is that I convinced my Fiance to buy the Utopias for me for my (way way belated) birthday present. So it's much easier to justify it if you think of it that way.

The bottle is actually ceramic from what I can tell. It has a copper glaze or dip or something to make it copper. There is no notice of refund but for $140 I'm damn sure keeping this bottle.

I did make a mistake, the number is actually #3545.

That's actually a great price. I bought 3 of them and paid more for all 3... two 2005's and one 2003. Haven't tried any of them yet.

Hey... Jersey's my old turf, I'm up here visiting the family. For a Utopia, I'd make a side-trip. Where in the N.E.W. Jerz are you?

(Your new best friend!)

Back