Ageing in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soccerbigt

Reaction score
After i syphone my beer in to the keg i wont to let it age for a little bit.
Do i have to add any co2 what so ever or can i just put the beer in and let it sit? After its done sitting for a while i will then force carb it.
Im just curious if i need to add co2 prior.

Thanks in advance.

You'll want to blast it with co2 and the vent. This will purge out any oxygen in the keg that would otherwise ruin your beer, and will help seal the lid as well.

I primary/secondary in keg and do this as well; More so in primary, but I continue to vent on occasion in secondary as well (ideally the valve will release at 130 PSI, and it shouldn't get anywhere near there, but I still do it... It freaks out my cat :))

I primary/secondary in keg and do this as well; More so in primary, but I continue to vent on occasion in secondary as well (ideally the valve will release at 130 PSI, and it shouldn't get anywhere near there, but I still do it... It freaks out my cat :))

It must be fun cleaning the sediment out of the bottom of those kegs!

As long as I don't let them dry, it's all good... I have free hot water, and it's REALLY hot, so a few quick rinses, sponge on the top inch or so (and the dip tube), I'm good to go! I use a sure screen from Northern Brewer on the dip tube, so the cake is some time astounding... but with limited space, no light contamination, etc I love it! There's a good long thread on 'ferment in corny' if I'm not mistaken of the title... I still really need to just take photos nest brew session and post it; could be interesting on the responses/questions :)

Back