Bad Soil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanDeuce

Reaction score
I'm afraid I may have fried my marigolds and potentially my hops as well. I planted marigolds in the same pot with the Cascade. Literally in the last week or so my marigolds have disintegrated to nothing. Almost like the burned up. I figured this heat wave could've contributed to it, but have watered enough that shouldn't be an issue.
I've give two doses of miracle grow to try and combat my hop plant from yellowing and turning brown.

Fear Ive burned both up. Is there anything I can add to the soil to balance it out a bit? Thanks

I think it has more to do with being in pots than watering or fertilizer. Pull it into a shaded area for a couple days. When you water a pot in this heat the sun it turns in to a steamer. The pot heats up in the sun and cooks the roots.

You could even try a white trash bag around the pot if you don't want to or can't move it. I'd hold off on watering for a day or two, and don't add anymore fertilizer. The fertilizer can also "burn" the roots if you use too much. Plants obviously need water, but they also need to struggle a little once in a while to help them become heartier.

Latest posts

Back