Help brewday in progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogxray

Reaction score
Ok my brewday is not starting off so good. I needed s05 i got so4 oh well I am ging to pitch it any way.

the original recipe was a 5 gallons i scaled it to 10 with beer smith. the origianal recipe was for 1 hr boil. I usually do 90 min, will it matter if i do a 90 min boil if I use the proper water volume? will I have to change the timing of my hop additions?

Should I just boil at 1 hour and not mess with it?

S04:no problem-use 2 packs
90 min: no problem-adjust volume & hop additions if so inclined. Why go 90? Are you using pils malt?

S04:no problem-use 2 packs
90 min: no problem-adjust volume & hop additions if so inclined. Why go 90? Are you using pils malt?

no here is the recipie
Item Type % or IBU
9.52 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 45.45 %
5.71 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 27.27 %
3.81 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 18.18 %
0.95 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 4.55 %
0.95 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 4.55 %
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (60 min) Hops 20.4 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
1.50 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (30 min) Hops 11.8 IBU
1.75 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (10 min) Hops 6.5 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (0 min)

how do I adjust the additions?

If you are doing a 90min boil roll it 30 min then add your bittering hop and go from there.
Or you could do a FWH it would effect the end bittering but unless you are competing with this brew I would not worry. RDWHAHB!!

On the forum there is a brew day timer do a search and snag that. It will help with reminders and you don't have to keep setting an Alarm or watching the clock. it sounds a buzzer for each hop addition and clarifier if you set that up.

Again RDWHAHB!!
You are doing alright unlike myself...I forgot to turn my sparge water on!!! LMAO my mash is at 90min when I had planned on 75min.

Big "A";2663663 said:
If you are doing a 90min boil roll it 30 min then add your bittering hop and go from there.
Or you could do a FWH it would effect the end bittering but unless you are competing with this brew I would not worry. RDWHAHB!!

On the forum there is a brew day timer do a search and snag that. It will help with reminders and you don't have to keep setting an Alarm or watching the clock. it sounds a buzzer for each hop addition and clarifier if you set that up.

Again RDWHAHB!!
You are doing alright unlike myself...I forgot to turn my sparge water on!!! LMAO my mash is at 90min when I had planned on 75min.
Thanks big a thats what I thought but I was not sure. I am prety much pick a recipe and go with I am not to comfortable changing things up yet. I told my brew partner no matter what we are going to have beer:mug:

Back