Is it bad that my beer has been in the primary for 3 months?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdkirk86

Reaction score
So i have been really busy with the holidays, my new job, and football so i haven't been paying as much attention to my brews as i would like to. i have a rye-pa and a raspberry wheat that have been sitting in the primary for about 2 to 3 months. is that bad? is this what results in beer giving god awful gas and the emergency trips to the bathroom at 1 am? just curious. any input would be greatly appreciated.

It may be the best beer you've ever made. I've had beers in primary for 6 months or more that was beautiful. Folks have left their beers in primary for a year and it still turned out ok. You just got to taste it an see, and bottle it if it's alright.

I sincerely doubt it. I once left a brew on primary for 9 weeks and it was fine, actually it was the clearest beer i have ever made. i was worried about the yeast being able to bottle carb it but it was fine.

Latest posts

Back