Empty detergent bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
I have a empty plastic 2.5gallon bucket with lid that used to contain powdered dishwasher detergent. I have watched it several times and got all the smell and visible residue out. Do you think this would be safe as a primary for smaller batches?

Dude go to the nearest bakery and ask I they have any icing buckets. All sorts of sizes and mine here was more than happy to give them away. That way you know they are food safe and a lot o times they come with lids.

You the detergent bucket for minnows for fishing, right bassmaster!?

I would not risk putting any food into a container that contained harsh chemicals. You want to use a food grade bucket for your fermentation.

I have a empty plastic 2.5gallon bucket with lid that used to contain powdered dishwasher detergent. I have watched it several times and got all the smell and visible residue out. Do you think this would be safe as a primary for smaller batches?

I wouldn't.
Regards, GF.

Back