Tracking soda batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlar

Reaction score
I need some help finding the right software for me. So far, I've looked into every piece of brew software available on Linux, Windows (via Wine), or even web based. None of them have any support, from what I can tell, for making soda batches.

The software I have found seems to do one thing very well, to varying degrees: Beer. I need a piece of software or website that will assist me in making soda batches. I have begun to make a lot of root beer, fermenting it, and bottling it. What I don't do so well is keep track of everything, which is what I am trying to fix. The easier it is for me to track it, the better at it I will be. Based on what I have seen of the software available, free or paid, they seem to do exactly what I need, but very customized for beer.

Here's what I've looked into so far with varying degrees of success:

• QBrew
  • BeerTools
  • BeerSmith
  • StrangeBrew
  • ProMash
  • CyberBrau

Should I switch to pen and paper? Spreadsheet? Make my own software from scratch? What do other people use?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

I use Beersmith for brewing and a spiral bound notebook for any soda stuff.

Im not sure what level you plan to take it to but if youre handy with Excel you could probably design something to at least print off when you make a batch and just fill in info that is pertinent to your operation and then stick it in a folder.

Back