Super easy sodas for kids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
2 large packets(the 10 quart per packet kind) any flavor of koolaid, Sugar to taste, bam! instant soda! Stop having a boring soda, stop having a boring life! Add some vanilla flavor extract to make it "creme" and bam! Belini, Martini, String Bikini!

You could also use one container of crystal light, no sugar required if you're into that sorta thing. One container has 5 little tins in it, each makes 1 gallon of juice. I haven't tried this yet but read somewhere on this forum where someone does it regularly with great results. Just dump the 5 tins into a 5gal cornie, mix with 5gal water and carbonate. Don't remember the carb levels....

Yup 2 packets, 2 cups sugar, 5 gallons water, force carbonate = soda in seconds.

I used to do the crystal light, and brewed tea/honey was great too!

Don't forget the ice for a fast cool-down. And if you have younger kids, lay the keg down on a 2x4, so they can rock it back and forth to carb.

2 packets any flavor of koolaid, two cups of sugar, bam! instant soda! Stop having a boring soda, stop having a boring life! Add some vanilla flavor extract to make it "creme" and bam! Belini, Martini, String Bikini!

I hear bro.

I just carbonate the keg of water. Save a 2 liter bottle and mix the koolaide in the bottle. Top with a carbonator cap and gas a bit. By time it's cooled back down it's fully carbonated and good to go.

I can't believe how long it took me to get a carbonator cap. And I am constantly amazed at how many things can be carbonated and still good. Carbonated lemonade or apple juice are my personal favs.

Brew up some Lipton Ice Tea, make some pink lemonade from frozen concentrate and mix both of those equally to make 5 gallons, then carbonate it. Its better than Arnold Palmers "Half & Half", and is great for the hot summers

I just have a keg of soda and mix with syrups.
I'd really like to find a way of making my own syrups though.

Back