Hops watering,second yr.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the answer. Are yours in the ground or containers? How much rainfall do you get during the growing season? I'm on my second year as well and recall that some growers do a weekly long soak.

I don't know the answer. Are yours in the ground or containers? How much rainfall do you get during the growing season? I'm on my second year as well and recall that some growers do a weekly long soak.

In ground,and i would say relatively normal.Summers are hot and without rain,though its possible to rain.
What do you mean by weekly long soak.They soak it for whole week and then let it be for some time or?

4 liters per week in one good soak in normal soils.

If sandy more, if clay not needed to be as much.

We do twice a week around 1 gallon per plant each time. ie I have 2 gallon per hour drippers and we water twice at 30 minutes each time.

Dave Wills (freshops) says 12 hours once a week with 1L/hr drippers. If your summers are hot and dry, you might want to lay down some mulch to help the surface roots stay cool and moist.

Back