Am I becoming a hophead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
I just bought bells hopslam. What I expected to be a hop bomb I find it to not be as hoppy as I would expect a beer with that title to deserve. In fact I don't find it very hoppy at all. Do you become accustomed to hops overtime and just demand more and more?

Sounds like it my friend. I acquired some Pliny the Elder and it didn't even seem hoppy enough for me. Good thing I brew my own, I guess.

I am nowhere there yet on the hop scale. I am thinking of Belgian Ale and the cloves and spice and Wheat beer more. But is this what home brewing does to you?
What is it that you are after the bitterness or aroma?

I like ipas to at least have a decnet amount of bitterness. this one is ok but not very bitter at all imo

70 IBU is the minimum for my session ales.

Whenever I have hop pellets in the fridge, I smell them each time I make a visit and smile.

Is that odd?

something I noticed, is that before I got into craft beers and home brewing, I thought Guinness was a pretty heavy beer. I had 2 of them last night for the first time, in a long time, and it was just a very very mild beer to me. Literally, not much there at all. Im not a hop head by any means, as I dont like most IPA's yet. But, I can easily see it happening.

Latest posts

Back