Chocolate Raspberry Port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandsomeRyan

Reaction score
My wife and I just pre-ordered a kit to make this Chocolate Raspberry Port after trying a sample at a LHBS. It will only be our second attempt at wine making but we are both super-excited to try making something as classy and delicious as what we tried at the shop. (Our first attempt is actualyl making wine coolers which are delicious but don't seem to have the "wow factor" that this wine does.)

I wondered if anyone else here has made this wine before (AFAIK last year was the first year this specific kit was offered) or if anyone else had ordered it to make this year?

8511.jpg

Yeah, I made it last year. I began bulk aging 10 months ago and it's still in the carboy. The year before I made the Orange Chocolate Port-style and it was very, very yummy!

Do you drink port young?

Good commercial port? No. Port-style homemade wine and kits? After a year or two. I had two different port-style wines take best of show in their categories this year at the Nebraska State Fair. One was a Blackberry country wine and the other was an Orange Chocolate kit wine. Both were about two years old.

I have made RJ Orange choc port and white choc white port and both are excellent.
I tasted the OCP at bottling and it was good, 2 months later it was much better
will likely not open another bottle until xmas when it will be 7 months and hopefully still have some left for year 1 and 2................. but i doubt it;)

I am on my third batch of this port. There is nothing you can buy that compares to it. A truly outstanding sipping port for after dinner or poured over ice cream. Drinking it young it is still good. I have some bottles of this that are over 2 years old.

Back