Probably old news, but I'll throw it out there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
I've been homebrewing for about a year and a half now, and whenever I bottle I always fill one PET 1 liter bottle so I can monitor the carbonation process. I've found that when I can no longer squeeze in the plastic bottle, my glass bottles have 2 or 3 days left before they need to go in the fridge. For all I know, everybody could be doing this already.

That is a good way to monitor carbonation, but you don't need to put the beer in the fridge (unless it is root-beer). It will be fine if stored at room temp in the dark for months if not years.

That brings up another question. I live in an apartment on the second floor above an ederly couple that I believe likes to replicate Florida in the summer in their apartment. This keeps our apartment around 76 degrees and we don't have AC. Is that too warm to leave beer out? I've always played it safe and put my beer in my mini fridge.

Back