harpoon raspberry hefeweizen clone??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ara35

Reaction score
has anyone done this?? i really would like to try it. or even if someone has a suggestion on what would come close. this is only my 5th batch so i dont really know where to start. if you could provide an extract recipe that would be awesome!!!!!

First step is to make a good hefewiezen. Fortunately, this is a pretty easy style, and one you can do very nicely with extracts. You should base it on what wheat-malt extract you can find (should be in the range of 40 - 60% wheat). Adjust amount to get you in the 1.050 range (+/-, as you like). You don't need much hops - 1oz of Hallertauer at 60 min will be fine. Brew/ferment as usual. Then, rack onto raspberries (frozen, thawed is a good way to go). Amount? Depends on how subtle vs. dominant you want the raspberry. Remember, raspberries are very tart, and you will not be able to balance that with sweet in a beverage you'll be bottle conditioning. How about 2 lbs?

Raspberry extract is another option. Half a bottle, 2oz (maybe a little less, raspberry is a pretty potent flavor) should do it.

You will get better flavor with fruit, of course. But extract is easy.

;)

awesome!

and what does "rack onto raspberries" mean? put them in the primary and let them soak with the beer?

This will get you started.

6.5 lbs Wheat LME
1 oz Hallertau @ 60min
Wyeast 1010 or 3333 or 3638

I add 2oz raspberry extract at kegging along with gelitin but you would want to omit your gelatin for a hefeweizen

This is a simple raspberry wheat recepie that I love!

Back