Use my compressor to run Cleaner through a Corney

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Rather than use CO2 to push cleaner through a keg and lines, has anyone rigged up their compressor to do the job?

Can't imagine it would be that tough our cost that much

Or, am I missing something and shouldn't do it

Thanks in advance
Toy4Rick

Another really easy solution I saw in byo is attaching a qd to a 2 liter soda bottle and conncecting that to the lines and squeeze the bottle to push sanatizer/cleaner through the lines. I'm pretty sure the write up is on there sight. Sorry I can't answer your question but hopefully I helped a little

Yes, I use compressed air to push around cleaners and rinse water on kegs and fermentors. Just one caveat: make sure you have an oil droplet filter in line. Beer and oil don't mix (destroys head).

One advantage of pushing the sanitizer/cleaner out with CO2 is that you purge most of the oxygen out. If you then rack the beer over with a co2 pusher cap that fills the keg through the beer out QD, there's very limited oxygen exposure.

Many air compressor tanks have trace amounts of oil inside that theoretically could cause problems.

starman said:
One advantage of pushing the sanitizer/cleaner out with CO2 is that you purge most of the oxygen out. If you then rack the beer over with a co2 pusher cap that fills the keg through the beer out QD, there's very limited oxygen exposure.

Many air compressor tanks have trace amounts of oil inside that theoretically could cause problems.

I run my compressed air through a oil pre-filter and then a MotorGuard submicron filter when I use it to push liquid around.

http://motorguard.com/air_2.html

Only time I use it on beer is to airblow out my HERMS coil, though.

Back