A Sad Day, Liar's Club MB is Closed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
That's the rummer, I live right by it, and saw it was closed really early for a Friday night a week back. I checked it out a couple days ago and there was a sign in the window, that I assumed was a Suspension notice, but I don't know for sure.

Now I got an email that They are opening a bar in Alpine ( 30miles away), and closing the Mission beach bar. We all knew that they were opening a bar in alpine, but never thought the MB location would close :(........

Well If you ever went there, pour a little out for the Old MB Liar's club, and if you never went I hope the one in Alpine is good, but it will never be the same as down on MB.

From the Bargoer

From Palm Trees to Pine Trees: Liar's Club west heads east

Big talk around bargoers, hop heads, and ale freaks has been the
recent closing of

Liar's Club on Mission Blvd. Yes it was sudden, and a surprise, but
the even bigger

surprise is how soon the new GIANT Liar's Club will open in Alpine.
Alpine is closer than you

think. Plus you'll finish the drive and be eating a burger sooner
than it took you to find a park

at the old place. Menu's, taps, and the infamous crossed fingers neon
have made the move already. The

bad plumbing, and painfully cramped kitchen will stay behind. Lewis
from Liar's now partners up

with longtime local music booster Al Guerra, so expect a bar as popular with

SD music fans as it is with ale addicts. Hope for an opening in the
next couple weeks.

Stay tuned to Bargoer. Address is 2806 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901.

always a sad day.

lets all raise a glass for the demise of yet another drinking establishment.

sob sob... we have all lost some in our time and feel your pain...

There have been lots of rumors out about what went down at the one in Mission Beach. The only one that I heard that really seems to make any sense to me is that their lease was coming to an end soon and with the place being a stand a lone (not attached to any other buildings) and with the owner getting up there a bit in age, it might be up for sale soon and if that happens, I'm sure it'll be torn down and a 5 appartment complex built in its place. I did hear about the suspesion notice, but don't know any details on that.

We live about halfway between the Mission Beach and the Alpine locations and were out at Alpine Brewing this past Friday and drove past the new Liar's Club. It's definitely a bigger place, but I'm really going to miss the ability to sit on the patio at the Mission Beach location and watch everyone walking and driving by. I also really liked most of the staff there and am not sure if they're going to transition to working at the new place in Alpine.

I guess we'll have to rely on the Taproom on Garnet now for our beer fix when we're down there. I havent been there yet and have heard mixed reviews about it, mainly on their food.

Oh well, on to bigger and better things I guess

Back