Northwest Ale Yeast for 2 Hearted clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apcoach

Reaction score
That is what I bought, any thoughts about the strength of that decision. I guess I could exchange it.

Perfectly fine yeast, but not what Bells would recommend. Their "official" clone is with whitelabs 001 - California Ale yeast. The wyeast equivalent is 1056. The 1332 is going to give a much maltier taste.

Also, in their zymurgy clone, bells says they cool down to 64 to ferment.

So the 2 Hearted clone is fermenting after only 7 hours. Does that mean I should affix a blowoff tube because it is going to get violent?

The official clone would use the yeast harvested from their bottles. WAY different than 1056.

pabloj13 said:
The official clone would use the yeast harvested from their bottles. WAY different than 1056.

How can you harvest from the bottle if they don't carb their bottles?

How can you harvest from the bottle if they don't carb their bottles?

Bell's absolutely has yeast in their bottles. There are a number of threads on here about harvesting Bell's. You can also check the Two Hearted link in my sig.

So the 2 Hearted clone is fermenting after only 7 hours. Does that mean I should affix a blowoff tube because it is going to get violent?
1332 isn't listed as a true top cropper, but it can give you a sizable krausen. I might suggest a blowoff tube for the sake of caution.

I was just at Bells and while there they told us to make a starter from there bottles because they do not filter.

Latest posts

Back