Apple Wheat- need help - adding apples to secondary fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwing7486

Reaction score
Hey All,

So i was originally planning on doing an all chery wheat with my 10 gallons of wheat beer that is in the primary right now. But i decided that in one secodary i will add cherry puree and the other I want to make my own apple puree. I already know how to prepare the apples by pasturezing and puree them, but the question is how many apples should I use? What kind of apples? This will be done in a 6 gallon carboy. Has anyone tried adding apples before? any help would be greatyl apreciated!!!! Thanks!

Rob

have a apple wit going now... we added 4lbs (finished) of apples cored/skinned quartered (we froze supersealed and dethawed and pitched they were all brown and funky but spelled great) to the primary after 4 days - fermentation took off and its still riding out.... i'll reply back my first crack at fresh apples as well

Thanks for the fast reply Jldesign....did you pastureize your apples first by heating them in 160 degree water for 20 mins or so? i plan on freezing and thawing the apple as well to help with aroma and flavor.....also, what made you settle on using 4lbs?

Latest posts

Back