One of my favorire recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
This is some really good stuff...

Hash Brown Quiche

Let aprox 3 cups of Hash Browns defrost and squeeze the excess water out of them.
Take an 11 X 14 pan and lightly grease it with butter.
Put a layer of the potatoes in the dish, all the way up to the top, brush on melted butter to lightly coat.Salt and pepper lightly.
Put into a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, remove when the potatoes have browned on the bottom and sides.

Remove from oven and cool.

Once the pan has cooled, thrown in any goodies you might like.
I personally like caramelized onions, mushrooms and ham or bacon but it is entirely up to you.
Layer whatever goodies you choose with pepperjack, cheddar or other cheese then pour 4 to 6 beaten eggs into the pan.
Top it off with a final layer of cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, but start checking it at 15 minutes.

Let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing.

Serve with Salsa (optional)

You may want to make 2 of these, it goes really fast !

Cheers,

knewshound

damn that sounds GOOD!!!

Do you use the cheap store bought hash browns? I may make that for breakfast this weekend

Cut, paste, done... tada... nice, thanks for the recipe, WOW that sounds great, can't wait to make it! With some homemade salsa!

Brewpilot

damn, I got the munchies atm and that sounds great!

too bad the kitchen has been overrun allready for thanksgiving.

rdwj said:
damn that sounds GOOD!!!

Do you use the cheap store bought hash browns? I may make that for breakfast this weekend

Yep, I use whatever hashbrowns are on sale, I have not noticed a big difference between one and another. I will say that the ones that are "thicker" seem to give it more body while the "thinner" ones have more of a crusty taste that I prefer.

I highly suggest making more than you think you will need. Our family of four, with two teens, can demolish an entire 11 X 14 pan in 15 minutes.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

Cheers,

knewshound

Back