My Custom Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DG Paul

Reaction score
I took my Haier beer fridge and added the tower and lines for a kegerator. I'm using 2.5 and 3 gallon cornies now because they fit in the back and allow me to still use the fridge for bottled homebrew too. Down the road there is room for two 5 gallon cornies in the front of the fridge if I decided to go that route. (I did have to trim some of the shelf supports to get the kegs in side by side.) Gas is stored in a room behind the fridge.

Here are some pics.:ban:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MyKegger.jpg

Tower.jpg

ComfyKegs.jpg

GasLines.jpg

GasStorage.jpg

sweet set-up, thats awesome that you have a Cubs Tap handle!

Just took a tap handle topper, drilled out the cheapy handle, and epoxied it on. I didn't want anything bigger.:mug:

The CO2 is in a storage space under the stairs right behind the fridge. Access is through a hole cut in the drywall from my furnace room since the area under the steps was not finished as storage.

The glass door is standard on the Haier Beverage fridge. (179 from Sam's). I like it because you can show off your brews and labels. I was wrong in my original post. You can only fit TWO kegs in at a time. Either two 2.5/3 gallon in the back like I have or two 5 gallon in the front (with room for a CO2 tank behind them in the fridge).

Just ordered some Shirron faucets to replace the standard ones that came with the tower. Hope they are as great as everyone says.
:mug:

hey there have a question for you i might be going the same route with this kind of fridge since i can't find the 4912 in canada. anyways how is the temp on that is it like
those danby wine coolers that don't keep the beer that cold or are they good for draft beer serving temp on them???????????????????????

It keeps beer plenty cold (Can freeze it if you don't use the lock and your 2 year old turns it to the coldest setting!) A lot of Danby units are designed for wine storage and aren't made for beer cooling. :rockin:

Back