How much Galaxy hops and for how long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budchx

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm planning to brew a summer ale with kolsch yeast and galaxy hops.
Extract with steep grain
250g crystal malt
1.5 kg pale malt extract in boil
1.5kg pale malt extract at knockout
Hops galaxy 14,3%
OG 1044
I'm a bit lost with the quantity of hops I should use and for how long I need to boil them,
IBU should be around 15 and lots of passion fruit flavor...
Need dry hopping as well ?
Need help please to finalise this recipe,and comments on the ingredients to see if it's sounds good or not?!
Thanks

This is,I think,what's the recipe gonna be:
250g crystal grain
1.5kg of LME in the boil
1.5kg of LME at knockout

10g of simcoe 13% at 60 min
20g of galaxy at 15 min
Wyeast 2565 kolsch strain

Ferment for 10 to 14 days
Then dry hop with 20g of galaxy for 7days

OG 1044
FG 1008

So what do you think? Please critique or advise thanks

That should be good. I used a ton of them in a imperial ipa and the aroma was awesome. You might want to try another late addition like maybe an addition at flameout for a little more flavor but either way that is a great hop.

jtejedor said:
That should be good. I used a ton of them in a imperial ipa and the aroma was awesome. You might want to try another late addition like maybe an addition at flameout for a little more flavor but either way that is a great hop.

How many g should I add at flameout?
I want a beer not to bitter(between 15 and 30) but with a real flavor of passion fruit

I usually go double the amount of my 15 minute addition but if you don't want to go crazy another 20 grams at flameout should help.

jtejedor said:
I usually go double the amount of my 15 minute addition but if you don't want to go crazy another 20 grams at flameout should help.

Thanks,I will try and let you know.
How long do you let the hops at flameout?

Back