My New Milling Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been copying this design verbatim, especially the hopper. I ordered the MM3 (not the 2" rollers) and added a power switch and reverse switch as well.

But man, that hopper's killing me! I'm trying to bring my sloped edges all the way to the top, and while the longer ones (the normal rectangular ones on the ends) aren't an issue, I'm having a helluva time getting the trapezoid ones to fit properly. Grr!

Very nice job on the milling station. Love it!

Finding cool stuff like this makes it so tempting to do it myself. But I am not anything close to a woodworker or electrician. I'm on the cusp of buying a mill in the next few days, and really like the Monster MM3-2.0, and would love to do something similar to what you did.

A couple questions:
- Does the motor run off of a standard 110 outlet?
- And where did you get the wheel, belt, and how did you figure out how to attain the proper rpm on the mill?

ThanksMuch!

The motor will run on 110 and there are plenty of motors out there that do. You can get the Sheaves and belt from either grainger or mcmaster carr. There are multiple calculators online.

Calculator

Back