Ok, how many Gallons have you made in 2011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoedBrew

Reaction score
I have been on what I consider a brewing binge so far this year. Prior to 2011 I brewed a batch waited til it was drinkable to brew another...
This year I stepped it up, with most of my batches at 5 gallons January til March...lately (due to better equipment) I have been doing all 10gallon batches.

So, as of May 26th I am up to 108 gallons for 2011!

How about some other people....now if you are pro or one of those 20 gallon brewers I guess that's not much, but for me I am proud.

15-20 gallons, my last batch i left in the fermenter for a month and i'm coming up on a month of bottle conditioning.

Easy calc - I started my homebrewing venture a month or so ago (after a 20 year hiatus) and now have 15 gallons in process. One kegged, will be ready for tapping in a month or so, one ready to be bottled early next week and one that will be kegged the following week.

Looking to bust off two batches over the next two weeks also.

Once I get a rotation going, beer is officially off of the shopping list and no more lugging empty bottles to the recycle station. I'm hoping to have (in rotation) 96 16oz flip top bottles and 6 corny kegs. The variable will be specialty beers that might take longer to produce/age.

about 60-70 gallons in so far. I have a few 10 gallon brew days planned in the next month so that number should be approaching half of my household limit of 200 gallons pretty soon. Hey we are already nearing the 6th month, so I am right on track!:D

I'm sitting at 30gals right now. Have another 5gal kit just sitting waiting on me to have time. Hmmmmmm I wonder what we have that's important to get done this weekend?

Revvy said:
You know, there's already an official thread about this don't you? It's usually one of the top threads in the forum....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/how-many-gallons-homebrew-2011-a-214874/

It has 1639 posts since JANUARY when they usually start those threads.....

It's also in the similar threads box, below.

At the risk of angering one of the major contributors to this forum, I must respectfully disagree. How much any one individual has brewed is a different question from how much all of us have brewed in aggregate.

You know, there's already an official thread about this don't you? It's usually one of the top threads in the forum....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/how-many-gallons-homebrew-2011-a-214874/

It has 1639 posts since JANUARY when they usually start those threads.....

It's also in the similar threads box, below.

I have seen and posted on that thread, I understand what that thread is and I wasn't trying to compete with that.

This thread is about individual brewers and how much they have brewed to this point. I was just interested.

This is my first year brewing on my own (with my wife, who is the "sous-brewer") . For the previous five years, I had just helped out a buddy brew on his 10gallon equipment, but I never played a role in developing the recipes, etc.

Now I'm on my own and stoked! 30 gallons (in 5gal batches) thus far since February, with 5 more happening this weekend and another 5 next week. I'm hooked!

:ban:

So far 31 gallons:
Robust Honey Porter
Brooklyn Pennant Ale '55 Clone
Kolsch
Gluten Free Blonde (1 gallon)
Hoppicratic Oath (super hoppy IPA 85 IBU, 7.3% ABV)
AHS 20th Anniversary Belgian
Dutch Brown Ale

I'm hoping to brew this weekend. I made up a recipe based on stuff I had and the Brew Pal told me it was like an Octoberfest, so I'm calling it Summer fest. I've also helped my uncle brew an imperial stout and a buddy brew a couple batches as well.

Okay, just finished a 6 gallon batch of English Pale Ale. So, put me down for 26 gallons so far.

60 gal...give or take 5. I got back into brewing after 5 years away and getting some gear for Christmas from the wife. I think she knew I would have fun but I don't think she was ready for a full on obsession.

asidrane how was the Gluten free 1 gallon blonde?
recipe?

I was happy with the GF brew. I decided to turn it into a bit of an experiment and my sister, who has celiac, loved it. The recipe was based off of DKershner from the Gluten Free forum. http://brew.dkershner.com/2009/gluten-free-tripel-blonde/

Here is the 1 gallon recipe. I would probably use lower alpha acid hops next time, the bite was a touch more than I wanted. I don't really think the cacao nibs did anything during the boil, so don't even bother.

-Roast 4 oz flacked oats at 300 for 20 minutes
-Bring your water to 150 and steep the oats for 30
-Bring to a boil and add 21 oz brown rice syrup
-Bring to a boil and add .25 oz columbus 14.5%
-At 30 minutes add 7oz cacao nibs
-At 40 minutes add .25 oz magnum 13%
-pitch notting ham

At the risk of angering one of the major contributors to this forum, I must respectfully disagree. How much any one individual has brewed is a different question from how much all of us have brewed in aggregate.

Who cares if you anger someone? This thread is perfectly valid.

Thanks for the support fellas :)

Was planning on brewing today in PA but it is 100 degrees F so no way....would be impossible to chill.

Latest posts

Back