How big a mistake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duker

Reaction score
2 week ago I brewed a batch of Cream Ale, pitched the yeast and let it so it's thing. An hour or so layer it hit me I did not add water to bring it up to 5 gal. Last night I racked to the secondary and added 1 gal to bring the brew up to 5 gal. Should I be worried. Everything was thoroughly sanitized.

maybe some one else would have a different answer. but i wouldn't think so. only thing i can think of is if it doesnt get mixed in well. but that shouldnt be a problem since you still have to transfer one more time. are you gonna bottle or keg?

I agree that it shouldn't matter, but I probably would have left it. Would have been a good beer and slightly stronger than intended, but no problems.

It will be bottled. I did think about leaving it alone, but not sure how strong it would be, no problem for me, but taking it on a trip and some friends will be trying home brew for the first time. Hope it turns out ok. Thanks for the info!

Good to go. As long as you were gentle in adding the water I dont see that there should be a problem

Latest posts

Back