Good places to buy bulk grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireantz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I live up in Rapid City and I'm getting a mill sometime next week, so I'm going to be looking to buying grains in bulk. I know I can order from Midwest or Northern Brewer for ~$51 (shipped) for a 50lb bag of 2-row. Are there any local stores in the Denver area that have cheap bulk grains? I've never been down to go to any homebrew stores there and just have no idea what there is to offer.

Is there a local homebrew club in the area? They likely do "group buys" which is easily, by far, your cheapest possible option - you can get grain this way for half the price you will find it in a store, and probably a third of what it costs with shipping. Or, a local microbrewery that would let you purchase sacks through their order??? Can't help you on Denver - but I would check out the club option in your area and see if that is a possibility.

Yeah I've never seen us once do a group buy in our club. Most of our club grains are supplied buy one member who gets them somewhere, probably a distributor. But I'll bring it up today when I talk to our president. Might have to wait until I head to the cities next to get some for ~$37 a bag.

Back