Natural Gas Hookup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmann

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a few AG batches and have found myself addicted to it. After finding this forum and seeing all of the sweet setups there are, I feel an urge to build one myself sometime this year. I really like the idea of the Natural Gas but I don't know the first thing about hooking it up. Is it something that you do your self or does someone have to come out to the house and hook it up? I don't have an extra gas bib or anything that i know of. Also, where can I find a keggle? Thanks for all the help.:eek:

This is one of those things that if you have to ask, you probably should pay a plumber to Tee off the trunk to a valve and quick disconnect set. From there it's probably safe for you to hook in.

I would have to agree with Bobby M. No reason taking a risk of blowing your house up...or worse...killing yourself and who knows how many other people. I wouldn't think it would be too costly to get hooked up.

If you need to ask then you should probably find someone who knows how to do it to help out. Running gas line is not rocket science but a mistake can be catastrophic. Besides, you'll need a few special tools to do it such as a couple of pipe wrenches, a good hack saw and a set of pipe threading dies unless you like running back and forth to the hardware store.

I assume you are running this hookup to an area outside the house? A well ventilated garage or outside are good options. The massive burners required for all grain brewing generate a lot of carbon monoxide.

Tom

Hire a competent plumber to hook up your line. If you do the work and don't do it right, you not only run the risk of hurting yourself and others but you may not even be covered by insurance if something happens.

Back