Dogs eat dulse.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Well, mine does. She sorta eats anything I give her, especially if she has witnessed me eating it, but she doesn't like beer. Not that I would give her a glass to lap, but she turns her nose up at my glass every time. Dulse, on the other hand, is worth a nibble or two. Not your basic doggy-bone drool-on-the floor orgasm, but worth climbing onto the bed for a hand out.

And she nibbles. Not the dulse, not the dog biscuits, not her food. People. She pushes her face into your arm, back, or chest and does this rapid little 'nibble' on the fabric. Sometimes she gets a little bit of skin, but she's getting better. Nipping is clearly not the goal. Nibbling is.

At this point you're probably thinking poodle or shih tzu or some other little darting football, but what we're talking about is a yellow lab. Now that we've established scale, here's another kicker. She wants a threesome.

At first I thought it was simply jealousy but it became abundantly clear that she found both SWMBO and I equally attractive when we embrace. It appears to be simply a lack of subtly and technique when she intervenes, or 'joins in' if you prefer, because there is no animosity shown to either party and we can all enjoy the subtle textures of ground cat food when it's applied liberally to our ear canals.

Go get some dulse. It's really good and good for you.

WTF - Did you make an IPA hopped with Northern Pride?

High Supplies - Cannabis Seeds Shop

Northern-Pride-seeds.jpg

My interpretation of this thread:

Why is it, that when ever it isn't going to throw the ball after she came over and went to work not knowing that inside or outside?

There is one or two different air planes landing on the place that isn't or could be in bed sleeping and being thirsty. So Santa had a glass of water and a carrot if there was a chimney.

There

Come on Fingers, spill it. What in tarnation is dulse? By saying dogs eat it, like that is odd doesn't narrow it down much.

Or are you saying rover "cold-nosed" ya whilst you were mounting your good lady wife?

I've had a dog hump my leg before but I can't say I enjoyed it a whole lot. Even if it was a good looking beotch.

Down girl, wait till daddy gets his dulse out.

Well, the forum's not called sober summarizing and intellectual enunciations.

Turns out I couldn't do any more work on the house for the day so I decided to brew at about 2:00PM. Since it was Sunday and I had a new keg I hadn't tapped yet.... well, you read the post. :drunk:

Anyway, dulse is indeed seaweed. It prefers shallow water shielded from direct sunlight so as a result there are only a few places in the world that produce really fine dulse. I buy from these guys: Atlantic Mariculture Ltd., Dark Harbour Dulse from Grand Manan in the Bay of Fundy, NB Canada

And here's Lucy and Fingers. I'm the one still awake.

lucy_and_dan.jpg

Why are you feeding it to the dog? I'm really confused... I'm going for a beer.

To keep her from licking my tonsils as I eat my share.

To be fair it ships a long way to get to me so I pay a premium for it. I only have to give her a little bit before she leaves me alone. Sometimes I distract her with a doggy treat but that only buys a little time.

I like your shirt
:fro:

What, this old thing? :D

If you were indeed druck, that was most lucid, grammatically correct, well-written post in druck history. I applaud you.:rockin:

Why thank you, Shecky and Vatorman. I attribute it to years of slightly elevated blood alcohol levels. One learns to compensate. :)

Well, the forum's not called sober summarizing and intellectual enunciations.

And here's Lucy and Fingers. I'm the one still awake.

I think that's my new signature. Oh, not the last line about you still being awake.

By the way, that is one gorgeous dog. Almost as cute as mine. And mine doesn't eat weird things. Except for deer poop. And pebbles.

Oh what a good dog. At first I wasn't to sure about the first post. But you and the dog look about as normal as you get.

Think you could do my taxes right now? :D

Absolutely. If you want them done WELL, you really should go somewhere else. You'd be surprised how long it takes the tax man to realize your dog isn't a child when you give them human names. Like Lucy.

And mine doesn't eat weird things. Except for deer poop. And pebbles.

Deer and cow poop are not food. They're fashion accessories. Best worn when playing with old rabbit or chicken carcasses. :eek:

Back