Dwarf Brew 2010: Authentic Fantasy Beer Contest! $1000 Prize!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's something I've never understood. Why are dwarves always drinking ales? Considering that dwarves live in caves, tunnels, and mines (i.e. in the cool underground), they would be the fantasy race that would obviously been the first to invent lagering. I could easily see a bunch of dwarven warriors sitting around drinking full-bodied doppelbocks.

but you forget that Dwarves like the warmth just as much as humans do and they spend allot of time around forges making stuff. so consequently their living areas are just as warm as above ground races. as such they would be more apt to make ales than lagers.

Both good points. We're trying not to limit the styles to specific races. Just like you can have a German ale or lager, you will be able to do the same for dwarven beers. I'm sure one of the next dwarven clans will boast a mighty lager ;) We've got a lot of ideas kicking around!

Back