What to brew next??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishH2o

Reaction score
So right now i have a Belgian dub in the bottle, a stout and a brown I will bottle this weekend, and a wit fermenting for the next 12 days. This weekend I will empty two carboys. Im going to do a DFH 90 min IPA clone but what should I put in the other? Also, if I have too many choices i will go get another carboy or two and do two or three batches ;-) So come on you guys and gals lay out some ideas. Im all extract with steeping right now so if you have recipes lay them on me :)
:mug:

Please HELP :)

Thanks,
FishH2o

I hope you like to drink lol. Looks like you haven't brewed anything with wheat (dunkel, wit, hefe, etc.) or a porter, or a lager :drunk: yet. Personally I have been on an english mild and bitters kick lately. I think they are the cheapest to make and very easy drinking.

Cheers. :tank:

I hope you like to drink lol. Looks like you haven't brewed anything with wheat (dunkel, wit, hefe, etc.) or a porter, or a lager :drunk: yet. Personally I have been on an english mild and bitters kick lately. I think they are the cheapest to make and very easy drinking.

Cheers. :tank:

I have a wit in the primary right now. I was thinking of a porter too but I was swinging away from that because of the stout but i might just do that..

So a porter is on the list but not the highest priority. So I need one more before next weekend and that will get me two for saturday..

So come one what else??? Its almost spring here so I might add another wheat to the group but i just dont know. :drunk:

I've been pondering the same thing lately. Personally, I think I am going to brew up a mild next. Maybe try red/amber ale or a bock if you have lagering capabilities.

I never run out of ideas :p

Chocolate stout
Cascade cream ale
Nugget Nectar Clone
All Palisade IPA
All Citra IPA
Coconut rum porter
British mild
British mild with cacao shells
Coca Tea Ale
Berliner Weisse
Citrusy saison
Black IPA
Belgian Pale

too... many... ideas...

How about just a plain APA - maybe pale malt of your choice / hop of your choice s.m.a.s.h.?

I was going to suggest a kolsch but you're in Florida so it's not especially cold there anyway--I try to brew stuff that ferments a little cooler in winter.

I think you might try a maibock, what with spring just around the corner.

I always like to work backwards based on your available fermentation temperature (assuming you don't have a temperature controlled fridge or similar).

What if your ambient temperature in your fermentation location?

I always like to work backwards based on your available fermentation temperature (assuming you don't have a temperature controlled fridge or similar).

What if your ambient temperature in your fermentation location?

i can keep it 60 right now. Im in the process of building out a mini-fridge for a fermentation chamber so lagering a little later.

60 is a great temperature to do an IPA or APA, but be sure to do a diacetyl rest for 3-4 days ~70°F after fermentation.

I recently took 1st out of 24 in the Wizard of Saaz in the IPA category fermenting at 60°F.

That is also a perfect temperature to do a California Common or a German Alt.

Brew on!

60 is a great temperature to do an IPA or APA, but be sure to do a diacetyl rest for 3-4 days ~70°F after fermentation.

I recently took 1st out of 24 in the Wizard of Saaz in the IPA category fermenting at 60°F.

That is also a perfect temperature to do a California Common or a German Alt.

Brew on!

Agreed!!! Im going to bottle today so I will have two empty carboys. Im going to do a DFH 90 min clone for sure.. So I think im going to do the APA. Most of the beers I brew have a high ABV so I might like to have something in the 5 - 6 ABV range. Any APAs you guys and gals just love? Since Im going to do an IPA at the same time maybe something a little lower on the hops..

Thanks again everyone,
FishH2o
:mug:

I'm a huge fan of something simple like...

85% 2-Row
7.5% 60L Crystal
7.5% Dark Munich

For hops I love Amarillo, Centennial, Simcoe, and Columbus. Go crazy with late additions for big time aroma without over the top bitterness.

If you're looking for a really cool yeast that is slightly cleaner than 1056 (or 001), try Austin Homebrew's Greenbelt. It's a great yeast and it propagates VERY well, an excellent strain to harvest and keep in your library.

Latest posts

Back