Arena Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Anyone going to watch the AFL this year? I think I'm going to try. I've only watched a few games here and there but I have this empty feeling now that the NFL is done. Plus, there's a Chicago team that can actually win a championship! I looked for a fantasy league website but I haven't found much yet. I would think ESPN would do something since they just signed a 5 year deal with the AFL.

I've taken my boys to a couple Crush games and we had a blast. I think we will go to a couple this year as well. Cheap entertainment. :mug:

Arena football has always struck me as something that would be a blast in person, but that sucks on TV. The local Fox affiliate used to broadcast Albany Firebirds games, and they were just rid-ic-ulous. In person, being that close to the action, would be cool; on TV, all I could think of is "Can NO ONE play D?"

It is fun in person. I went to games when Milwaukee had a team. It's not that no one can play D its that the rules are skewed fully towards the offense. One guy can run towards the line when the ball is snaped, BS.

Latest posts

Back