Strawberry's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George7845

Reaction score
My fiancee's father cant eat seeds, they get caught in his colon and it makes him really sick (forgot what its called, sure someone in here has it). So she peeled some strawberry's for him other day cause sometimes i work with him at his green house so we will bring in random lunches. But anyways, i have a 1/2 cup of strawberry peels in the freezer. Think this would implement any flavor on 5 gallons of hard cider? Or if i was to save up more, what kinda of effect would that have?

Thanks George

I'm not going to be too much help with your actual question, but it's called diverticulitis. And the seed thing is an old wives tale. Studies have shown that there is no correlation.

What do you mean an old wives tale? He gets really sicks, cant even have sesame seed buns on his burgers.

but anyways, back to the initial question, will half a cup of strawberry peels do anything to my cider? or if i add more? apple cider keep in mind.

You won't be able to taste a 1/2 cup of strawberry peels in 5 gallons of cider. Usually, a few POUNDS of whole/sliced fruit is used to add flavour (other than apple) to cider. Regards, GF.

Back