Stone Old Guardian - Aging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haputanlas

Reaction score
I was planning on letting an Old Guardian that I just received age for a year or so. Unfortunately it was refrigerated for days before I got it.

If there were any yeast left to help with the process, I would assume this wouldn't do much good for the aging process.

My question, If I were to keep this at room temperature for the next year or so, would it still age as well as an Old Guardian that were never in the fridge?

Should be fine.

I would not recommend leaving on the kitchen counter for a year. But if you can keep the temperature fairly consistent and cool, like a basement you should be fine. I have the 09 and 10 Old Guardian cellaring. They keep pretty well.

I am on the look out for the Belgian Old Guardian that was just released for Odd Beers in Odd Years.

I had one from 2008 that I found on a store shelf last fall and it was absolutely incredible. I had another from 2009 that I found around the same time and it was not as good. From my experience, I would say 2-3 years is the best for this one. Either that or fresh. I haven't managed to hold onto any for longer than that, though.

Back