Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse321

Reaction score
Very new to cider making. I have a cider starter kit including a tin of the syrup stuff in which you just add sugar, water and yeast. I made it in a fermenter barrel and left it for 7 days until bubbles in the airlock stopped and it was the appropriate reading on a hydrometer.

I syphoned the cider across into a clean barrel which contained sugar. I then left this for 6 days. When opening the tap it has a lot of pressure and a good fizz to the cider. Although the cider is slightly cloudy. Both parts of fermentation where done in a room at aroung 25 degrees Celsius. I have now put the " finished" cider in a colder room at around 14degrees Celsius to see if this would clear the cider.

Also I don't like warm cider so I tried a small glass with a few ice cubes but this instantly kills the fizz?
I thought instead of using ice I could pour cider from the tap into a screw cap bottle and put it in the fridge but I was told this also would kill the fizz?

Any suggestions???

Back