Auto Siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloosky

Reaction score
I am going to purchase an auto siphon from AHS. I do not currently have a racking cane? Do I need to purchase a racking cane as well?

No, the auto siphon should have everything you need. Each LHBS is different so you might need some tubing, but some include it I think.

I've seen auto-siphons listed as 3/8 when 5/16" really does work better. How about 1/2" auto-siphons; does 7/8" tubing work better or are they sized to 1/2" actually?

Thanks! I'm ordering one in my next BrewMasters warehouse order, my last (smaller) autosiphon somehow turned into a source for infection in my brews.

Always match size of the plastic hoses to the size of devices using the OUTSIDE diameter, it's just easier to remember.

Such as a 1/2 inch size racking cane needs 1/2" OD plastic tubing. A 3/8 inch size racking cane requires 3/8" OD plastic tubing.

At least that is how a True Brew Gold equipment starter kit labled it's contents on the outside of the box in my LHBS yesterday!

Don't go to Lowe's or HD and get 3/8" or 1/2" ID tubing, because it will let air in, losing its prime!

Pogo

Latest posts

Back