Polar Bear Brew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had this thought a few days ago, so I searched to see if anyone had done this before. I didn't find anything, so here it goes. You know how they have the polar bear club for jumping naked into some body of water that is at some ridonculously low temp? Well what if we did the same thing but for brewing beer in the cold? I figure we wouldn't have to do it completely naked, but mostly. I'd say the most you could wear is boxers and a t-shirt for the modest folk. The maximum temperature you could this at and get credit is 32 F. The biggest issue would be proving you actually did it, so I am open to suggestions on that one. Anyone think they would be down for giving something like this a shot?

That's one club I don't want any part of. Boiling wort and minimal clothing sounds sketchy at best hehe.

i guess this won't be barrel aged? it's just that i heard you can't get wood at those temps

sorry

Back