Brand new here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestyal

Reaction score
Hello, im brand new here and i would like to start making some wine. But i haven't a clue on what i would need to start with. Intenet search is frustrating. My sis is on here as a brewer (tsuyako) so she sort of got me intrested. I would like some suggestions on good starting points and where to get good supplies. Thanks for any help. :mug:

Welcome to HBT!

Wine ingredient kits are fun, easy, and make a nice wine. These are a good place to start because they give you the step by step instructions. There is also a whole world of fermenting fruits and juice to make your own recipes.

Basically, the wine equipment kits are pretty much like the beer except you need a corker instead of a capper. Equipment packages like this is what you are looking for to get started. http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_34_81

Similar equipment packages can be purchased at any number of local or online stores.

I too would either do a batch of apfelwein first, or a wine kit. apfelwein is cheap and easy to make, doesn't need anything real fancy equipment-wise, but you do need to age it 6 months or so to get the true flavor out of it.

many white wine kits will be ready to drink after being in the bottle just a few weeks. reds need to age a while usually...3-6 months or more.

noob question...apfelwein?? Im guessing a red wine?
nevermind, clicked the link above....*shame*

Back