Worst brew day ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jprice

Reaction score
I Gotta vent to someone...the wife won't understand. Completely plagued with f!@# ups today. Got to a really late start after doing a tune up on SWMBO's car, Broke hydrometer #4 (for 2012), didn't look at the weather and was completely unaware of the imminent thunderstorms, 60 minute mash on the hefeweizen turned into a 180minute mash due to the rain delay, and as of now I just added 4oz. of fuggles(planned for my hoppy red ale) to my hefe instead of the 2oz of hallertaur:eek:. Hopefully I get my s#$t together for batch #2 next!

Lol thanks for the words of encouragement, its an 11gal batch so hopefully it wont be ridiculously hoppy for a hefe.

Ya never know, might turn out to be the best beer you have brewed to date :).

The next brew will go better.

Dude. If you've broken 4 hydrometers this year you seriously need to take a step back and figure out a way to simplify your brew day. Best of luck and I'm sure the beer will turn out great.

Dude. If you've broken 4 hydrometers this year you seriously need to take a step back and figure out a way to simplify your brew day. Best of luck and I'm sure the beer will turn out great.

If I broke four hydrometers I think I'd invest in a plastic one.

I brew pretty often, so I'm sure the odds aren't in my favor for suicidal hydrometers. Do they actually make plastic ones? I've never seen em at the LHBS or online.

Switch to a refractometer my friend! The best investment I've ever made, the hyrometer stays hidden away until I need to take a FG reading :)

Latest posts

Back