Where to buy Delta Hops??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayPowHound

Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a clone of the new Harpoon 100 Barrel Series "Single Hop ESB"

According to the Harpoon website here It uses the new "Delta" hop exclusively.

The Delta hop is a brand new American-grown hop developed by Hopsteiner. In fact, the Harpoon Single Hop ESB is the first beer in the world to be commercially brewed using the Delta hop. A cross between Fuggle and Cascade hops, Delta hops yield an unrestrained earthy/floral aroma and taste that compliment the rich flavors of traditional British malts and yeast.

But I can't find any mention of it on the Hopsteiner website.

Aside from that the information given is that the OG is 1.060, IBU's are 38, and ABV is 5.8%. I plan on contacting the brewery (or simply stopping by, as I am near Boston) to get whatever additional information I can about the beer before working on my AG recipe, but the first step is to find these new Delta hops.

My two standard hop sources are my LHBS, Modern Homebrew Emporium in Cambridge MA, (modernbrewer.com)and Peuterbaugh Farms at hopsdirect.com. But neither of them offer the Delta strain. Has anyone come across this anywhere? Is it (hopefully) available online, by the pound?

Thanks!

Maybe next year. Your chances of getting it this year are slim. Your best bet is to get some from harpoon.

Random bump...

just saw Hops Direct has these hops now in whole leaf....

DELTA LEAF HOP 2010 Harvest
Alpha Acid 6.5%

AROMA TYPE HOP.

MILD AND PLEASANT, SLIGHTLY SPICY, WITH A HINT OF CITRUS.

Back