Father & Son Electric Kettle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhermetz

Reaction score
For those of you that remember me posting the **** disturbing GFCI post and the Farking Welder...here is the Kettle all set to go for my Brew day tomorrow.

All previous problems I mentioned about the bottom not heating up because the elements were too high (Damn Welder!) are now debunked. It will eventually circulate the water... however, I will say it was a lot faster if I stirred the water myself.

We also plan on making the 2 wires disconnect from the kettle but for the sake of time and my brew day tomorrow, my dad wired it straight to the Kettle.

Here's some pics!

P1030982.jpg

Position of first element...Farking Welder..
P1030984.jpg

P1030985.jpg

P1030987.jpg

P1030983.jpg

Not sure what Happened to sound... but here's it working:
Video is still processing on you tube apparently.... it should work soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, That's the first electric boil I have seen that I am aware of. I saw and read your other thread about the position of the element. I wouldn't worry about what you have going on.

P.S. The Farking weldor.......looks to me like he knows what he is doing. From what I can see the welds look good.

Good luck with your project. Happy brewing.:mug:

I like the setup ... did first all electric brew this morning using 1000W 120V bucket heaters...seemed so much easier than the roaring propane..

It worked, but this setup of yours is clearly the next 3 levels .

May I ask how much this setup set you back ? I am looking to get 220V setup for a new blichmann 15 gal boilpot (I don't have the blochmann yet)

Do u have part #'s etc ? This is the way I want to go. Thx.

Back