Question about color and SNA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmfitzgerald

Reaction score
so i'm 3 days into a Blueberry Melomel, everything coming along great, and smelling excellent already. i'm planning on adding half the blueberry additions in the primary, then the other half after fermentation in the secondary, so as of now, it's got a great reddish/pinkish hue to it already. when i mix in the SNA of DAP & Fermaid K into some must i took out of the primary, it turns it into almost a murkey greenish/brown color??? definitely doesn't look like a blueberry mead at that point:) once i add it back to the primary and mix it in, i don't "think" it really effects the color over all, but hard to tell. i'm sure it's some chemical reaction that makes sense to someone, but i'm just more concerned or interested if these SNA are going to effect my over all color of this mead in the long run. just kind of weird to me. is this normal or any other experiences with this?

thanks!

so has nobody noticed a weird color change when adding the SNA to a small amount of must? just was curious? but it doesn't seem to be effecting the whole batch. still has a nice red/pinkish hue to it.

Latest posts

Back