Metalheads!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

Reaction score
I figured I'd try to see if i could find some metalheads in here brewing beer. I mean there is nothing more brutal then brewing the good stuff. I figure after a while I should try and brew some metal beers, aka the Black Metal Lager. Lets see how many of you guys are around.

:rockin:

I consider myself one. However I think Metallica is one of the worst. Ever since they got sober their music sucks.

ya metal... mEtal Up youR @sS!
Metallica is pretty huge eh.... i have been a fan since jump in the fire, waaaaaay back...
the late Metallica is definately different now, but I can accept it... they have evolved but i don't blame them.

Lars can go interview till his wang falls off (i.e. he is a *****) James is still my hero. one of the manliest men ever and the best singer of all time. That band would be nothing without his voice and Lars would still be a second rate tennis player (ya lookit up)

Lars = ******

James = BEER GOOD:mug:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBuMYY-XOMQ]YouTube - Metallica[/ame]

Ride the lightning was kickass, now not so much...

right now I'm going through a Pantera stage for some reason.

Metallica was great up until Cliff died. Black album was decent and for some reason I really like Load, but after that it was all down hill. Once they stopped having solos they sucked. Kirk is probably the best guitar player in the world but ****** Lars thinks he is the best drummer and he is not even close. See Justin Foley (Killswitch Engage), Chris Adler (Lamb of God).

Everytime I think metal is close to dead I come across a new band such as Children of Bodom, Soilwork, In Flames, All That Remains, Mushroomhead etc.

I also like hard rock like Sevendust, TooL, Disturbed (not metal, hard rock).

Metallica was great up until Cliff died. Black album was decent and for some reason I really like Load, but after that it was all down hill. Once they stopped having solos they sucked. Kirk is probably the best guitar player in the world but ****** Lars thinks he is the best drummer and he is not even close. See Justin Foley (Killswitch Engage), Chris Adler (Lamb of God).

Well I used to be into lamb of god but they got a little too over played. Their guitar riffs and drumming seem to start sounding the same for me. But I fyou want a good drummer check out george kollias of Nile or inferno from behemoth. Those guys are ****ing insane.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CVK6si-sE]YouTube - george kollias of nile[/ame]

BTW i am in the middle of my first brew atm. I'm cooking up deathbrewers dunkelweizen. Its mashing atm.

Its good to see some metalheads in here!

A good buddy of mine just got hired to play guitar for a metal band. The name of the metal band used to be "Majesty" I think, but they just changed the name of the band to something like "Metal Force". He let me listen to one of their songs, sounds real NWOBHM meets Power Metal to me, not really my thing but acceptable to listen too. Reminded me a lot of a Metal Band from back in the day "Grim Reaper" - remember them ? Anyway, they're playing some festivals this summer and touring with Manowar after that - keep an eye out for them and check them out.

Well I used to be into lamb of god but they got a little too over played. Their guitar riffs and drumming seem to start sounding the same for me. But I fyou want a good drummer check out george kollias of Nile or inferno from behemoth. Those guys are ****ing insane.

YouTube - george kollias of nile

BTW i am in the middle of my first brew atm. I'm cooking up deathbrewers dunkelweizen. Its mashing atm.

Its good to see some metalheads in here!

You hear the newest LoG album? Its badass

Not Metal, per say, but I'm sitting here watching an AC/DC concert on VH1 classic. They are playing Whole lotta Rosie with the huge inflatable Rosie doll.

Damn, Angus kicks ass:rockin:

Originally Posted by ezboarderz

Damn, that dude is nuts

(edit) now ther on to TNT.... OI! OI! OI! OI! OI!

ya metal... mEtal Up youR @sS!
Metallica is pretty huge eh.... i have been a fan since jump in the fire, waaaaaay back...
the late Metallica is definately different now, but I can accept it... they have evolved but i don't blame them.

Lars can go interview till his wang falls off (i.e. he is a *****) James is still my hero. one of the manliest men ever and the best singer of all time. That band would be nothing without his voice and Lars would still be a second rate tennis player (ya lookit up)

QFT :rockin:

I switch between metal and the blues for brew day listening

A Pantera Porter perhaps?
Kill em All Kolsch?
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath Stout?

Metalhead checking in.

if you need some brew names and styles:

Helloween Pumpkin Hefeweizen

VENOM IPA - in the spirit of cronos, mantas and abaddon.

It goes to 11 --IIIIIIIIIIIPA ( only to be served on spinal tap )

Bathory Bathtub ALE

CANDLEMASS -- Belgian Tripple with a Mead chaser.

Mercyful Fate -- Melissa's Blood Orange Stout.

Tea Time For Grandma - Porter infused with Bergamot -- another King Diamond inspired brew.

getting thirsty now.

Adding to the list:

Metal Church Burnt Offerings -- Smoked Imperial Porter aged in Oak.

Queensryche - The Lady Wore Black Lager.

Sanctuary - Battle Angels -- Belgian Dubbel Disgraced by Brett, aged in Oak.

Slayer - Angel Of Death. Barleywine.

I brewed my last batch with help from KillSwitch Opeth & Soilwork. My neighbors think I am a serial killer making meth in my garage! When in reality I'm a cereal killer making beer!! Long live cap n' crunch!

Latest posts

Back