March pump center inlet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwright

Reaction score
I'm interested in picking up a pump during Brewmaster's 3 day sale. He carries the center inlet model wtih 3/4' MPT inlet and the standard 1/2" side outlet. I understand that the pumps supposedily prime better and may have higher flow rates with 3/4 inlet plumping. I had been planning on using 1/2" silicone and QDs for all of my connections. What effects (if any) will I get if still use the 1/2" tubing into the pump via a reducer. I am hoping not to have to use different size tubing and QDs for the inlet side as I want more of a universal system. That seems like a PITA.

thanks,
jason

I'm certainly no expert, but I would recommend using tubing the same size as the inlet and outlet. I have 1/2" inlet and outlet and use 1/2" ID tubing. Others have the same setup and have no problems with priming/pumping/cavitation.

I have my whole rig set up with 3/8" silicone tubing and QDs. No issues with priming/pumping/cavitation of the March pumps here, either.

Latest posts

Back