Stuck on business trip with NO BEER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daksin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is the worst. I'm on a business trip in central FL in one of these giant convention center/resort/hotel things. It's huge and in the middle of nowhere- there isn't a grocery store, liquor store, or drug store for about 2 miles, and get this: even if I wanted to make that walk I can't, legally- there are no sidewalks between here and there. There's a sports bar here with a couple of crafts on tap, but it's like Disneyworld, $10 for a 12oz pour (they call it a pint).

Any grocery delivery services out here? I'm trapped here for a week!

Call Dominoes, I've had them deliver a fifth or two on occasions. Also I am sure the concierge can arrange something from outside, or call a cab

Found a good grocery delivery service. Debating making the minimum $40 with delivery, tax and fuel. Comes to about $60. I'm here until thursday- may be worth it...

Found a good grocery delivery service. Debating making the minimum $40 with delivery, tax and fuel. Comes to about $60. I'm here until thursday- may be worth it...

Cant imagine a cab will run you more, round trip... I'd go myself and take the 5 minutes to browse. Hell, some hotels even run courtesy shuttles to common destinations, ask the desk what theyve got.
When in doubt, use the desk staff's knowledge. Theyre locals and theyre being paid to help you. Just dont forget to tip if they go above and beyond.

Cant imagine a cab will run you more, round trip... I'd go myself and take the 5 minutes to browse. Hell, some hotels even run courtesy shuttles to common destinations, ask the desk what theyve got.
When in doubt, use the desk staff's knowledge. Theyre locals and theyre being paid to help you. Just dont forget to tip if they go above and beyond.

I've struck out twice with the hotel staff- too bad because this is such a spendy place. A cab ride would be a little bit more than the delivery fee, but there'd be no minimum order. It's just tougher to get away since I'm technically at work, travelling with both of my bosses. We'll see- it's late, nothing's getting done tonight.

Better idea. Bring the bosses with you and have them pay for your drinks! :)

My boss isn't paying for anything that doesn't help keep me alive while I'm travelling. I'm mystified as to why we're staying at this expensive-ass resort. Plus- if you'd met him, you'd know how much I'd rather not drink for a week than hang out with him after work time. Anyway, I may go in on a grocery delivery with another employee I usually travel with.

Back