Corona Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
One of my friends/coworkers wants me to make him a Corona knock off. He said he'll have to think about it, the "long" wait is what is making him rethink it. But if he does decide to do it, anyone have a good Corona knock off recipe that is extract? I can steep grains as well, just not a full partial mash.

I found this on AHBS http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_42_160&products_id=300

He is going to need patience and you need a way to ferment around 55 degrees if he wants to make a lager. If you do, then AHS is the way to go.

Then what are you waiting for? Price is almost like it's straight from MExico :D

He wants you to do him a favor but he wants to think about it? Maybe it's me, but when someone wants a favor from me I usually don't have to talk them into letting me do it. Are you trying to pay him back for something he did for you?

He wants you to do him a favor but he wants to think about it? Maybe it's me, but when someone wants a favor from me I usually don't have to talk them into letting me do it. Are you trying to pay him back for something he did for you?

No, he just called out of the blue lol.

Great Corona recipe:

1. Go to store and buy 2 cases of Corona.
2. Soak said Corona bottles in fairly concentrated StarSan to remove painted labels.
3. Apply your own labels.

Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy a Corona or 9 during a hot summer day, but it's one of those beers that is difficult to reproduce(especially if you don't have the capability to lager) and the end product still aint great...

Great Corona recipe:

2. Soak said Corona bottles in fairly concentrated StarSan to remove painted labels.

Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy a Corona or 9 during a hot summer day, but it's one of those beers that is difficult to reproduce(especially if you don't have the capability to lager) and the end product still aint great...

This is the best advice you're going to get! Go for it.

Greg

Great Corona recipe:

Don't forget to swap the caps. It will add a bit of oxidation for authenticity! :D

Back