Question about lupulin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBSCZONER

Reaction score
So this may seem like a stupid question. and may offend some but that is not my intention. I have a few friends, (older folk) who use medical marijuana. They make smokeable hashish with bubble bags. No chemicals such as butane and all that unhealthy stuff from back in the day. Pure plant matter, water and ice. What if i were to do the same with a few pounds of hops and made a lupulin type concentrate. Do you think this would work? Not for smoking of course but for brewing

It would probably work but doesn't seem like it'd be worth the extra time and would probably just remove some, if not all, of the flavor and aroma.

It would work, although as Jon mentions, it would be strictly for bittering. All of the flavor/aroma oils are in the petals. Might be useful to reduce wort loss in high IBU beers.

You could calculate the adds by multiplying the recipe AA% times the number of ounces. You would need a scale that can measure to a tenth of a gram. Ex. 1 oz of 8% AA = 2.24 gm.

Something like this?
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/HOP-AROMA-TABS-1-OUNCE-P2565.aspx
H19.jpg

Latest posts

Back