Anybody enter the Limbo Competition ~2 weeks ago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Competition Website: http://www.limbocomp.org/

This is the first competition I entered so I don't know what to expect. I entered my beer, the judging has past (two weekends ago) and I haven't heard anything. I haven't even received replies to e-mails I sent to a couple NTHBA.ORG addresses.

Does anyone know how/if results will be sent? There is an awards ceremony this Saturday but I may not be able to make it.

Just looking for anyone that might have more insight into how this works, I'd like to at least get feedback on my submissions.

If the awards ceremony hasn't happened, nearly all competitions will refrain from announcing winners until then. I'd wait to find out if you placed when the winners are posted during/right after the awards ceremony, if you can't attend.(read: maybe Sunday or Monday) As far as scoresheets and feedback, typically these are available immediately after the ceremony; though, again, if you can't attend, expect them in the mail typically within two weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I may be able to attend the awards event after all. Seriously not expecting to win but really wanting to see what someone other than a friend or neighbor thinks about my beer.. :eek:

So, no medals here which is what I expected. I did get to meet some good folks and taste someone's Pale Ale they brought; It was VERY good and made me realize just how good Home Brew can be and just how I need to keep working on my process.

On the upside I did get my score sheet and if I average the numbers from the two judges, my beer received 39 out of 50 which places it on the low end of the Excellent range. :) I'll say that was better that I thought it would be especially after tasting that fantastic Pale Ale!

The tasting notes were especially helpful and are giving me targets for improvement. Guess I have a year to work on making this better so I can try again next year. I'm sure my other brews will also benefit from my new focus!

It's great to get unbiased feedback for sure.

Back