Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northjerzyg said:
Second period, Hank being Hank!!! Gotta control the puck, but i love that the Rangers have not had a penalty yet. :)

Over the glass penalty coming up. Woooooooooot!

Qhrumphf said:
Oh well. I still can get by my old Devils to wipe the Rangers out in round 3.

It will definitely be an intense, physical series and will probably help guarantee that the Cup is won by the West (Kings in 5, IMO).

That was a great game, other than the Caps power play. They came unraveled there and never got it back together. Hard fought on both sides. Rangers earned it.

Rangers definitely earned it. But from my listening, it seems like the Caps pretty much unraveled after that first Rangers goal early in the game. They did alright the second period, but not so much the rest of the game. Oh well. Hopefully they'll do better next season.

Now that's some good trash talk! So are there any real Kings fans following this thread? I don't mean you guys and gals that think they'll win. I mean people that followed the Kings through the mud the last few years. Seems to me that most people here have had their team eliminated or never made the dance.
Devils fans?
Desert Dogs?
Get loud if you are fans!!! Don't fear the haters. Your team has made the cut. It's time for the Conference Finals!!! Bitter sweet, as we are that much closer to the end of another season.
Go Rangers!!!
Colby Jack

Looks like I'm the token Devils fan on here. Funny because I'm in between Philly and Pittsburgh. Been a fan since they battled it out with Pittsburgh for the basement in the mid 80's. I think this series means alot more to the Devils even though they've had more recent success than the Rags. F the Rangers!!!

WTF are these guys talking about? Quick flat out missed it. No dipping, knuckling or fluttering on that shot what so ever.

29 shots to 12 right now. 17-4 in the first period. IIRC, Phoenix has been winning a lot of games with less shots on goal, but against Quick and the LA defence you NEED to get pucks to the net, constantly. If this pattern continues, I see another sweep being VERY possible.

sivdrinks said:
Looks like I'm the token Devils fan on here. Funny because I'm in between Philly and Pittsburgh. Been a fan since they battled it out with Pittsburgh for the basement in the mid 80's. I think this series means alot more to the Devils even though they've had more recent success than the Rags. F the Rangers!!!

I hate you. Let's just get that out and on the table, shall we?!? Monday is going to be a battle. I Love it!!!

The Blues sale has been completed. Thomas Shlafly is among the new owners. Looks like they'll be serving some fine micro's at the games.

Sitting here all morning watching replays of the Rangers Devils line brawls from the regular season knowing ill be at work tonight missing the action.......... F#$K Me!!!!

Let's GO RANGERS!!!!!

ColbyJack said:
I hate you. Let's just get that out and on the table, shall we?!? Monday is going to be a battle. I Love it!!!

Haha! I believe the Queen will be better than Marty, could be the difference. Even if his pads are ridiculously large.

The Blues sale has been completed. Thomas Shlafly is among the new owners. Looks like they'll be serving some fine micro's at the games.

Crap, he has that much money? If they ever put their maiboch on tap at a game I would be tempted to drive up there for one.

arturo7 said:
All goalie equipment is ridiculously large. If you want more scoring, this is the best place to start.

Good point. The reality is that all goalie gear is regulated. Marty could go bigger, but bigger usually dictates slower response.
I'm so sick of listening to Eddie and Doc on the east coast! Coupled with Pierre's timely chimes, I've been toying with just streaming music during the game and fast forwarding right through Milbury's predictable garble. Unless JR and Keanon are on, we don't watch it. Seriously, do any of us need to have a diagram of when a man is open on the back door?
Any fights tonight??? I don't think so. Too deep on the playoffs, but the media keeps showing the starting 6 brawl.

I can't stand Idiot Eddie. Milburry's not much better and Doc sounds like he's having a stroke or heart attack anytime the puck gets near a goalie. And then there's Pierre...he's almost tolerable.

I miss the Gary Thorne days of ESPN broadcasting games.

Back